Scandinavian Building Services is a second-generation family owned and operated business servicing Canadians across Canada since 1956. We offer full-service janitorial and building maintenance services to our clients.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time porter/cleaner in Barrie, ON
Hours of work:
Monday through Friday; 5 PM - 10 PM
- Knowledge of general cleaning
- Great people skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Must enjoy cleaning
- Able to take direction
- Must pass OPP & OPS clearances (which can take up to several months)
- General cleaning, including, but not limited to: trash removal; dusting; cleaning restrooms, break rooms, offices, restaurant seating and production areas; sweeping and mopping floors; vacuuming floors; window washing; buffing floors; stripping and waxing floors; stone care; carpet cleaning; carpet spotting; upholstery cleaning; other duties as assigned. Specific duties may vary depending on the List of Specifications required by the client at each location.
- Completing work to high quality standards
- Being on time to work on scheduled days and hours.
- Follow daily direction and work lists.
- Must be able to read and explain MSDS sheets.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where good physical health is required.
- Ability to bend, turn, stoop, stand, reach high and low, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for 3 to 8 hours per shift.
- Perform repetitive manual tasks on a daily basis
- Walking large areas of floor space
- Able to maneuver large machinery successfully